It's been a while since we last posted a blog - undoubtedly a reflection of how busy we've been in 2016. Things are, however, changing - unless you've been living under a rock, you'd know how expensive it is to live in Auckland. "Auckland’s housing crisis is at breaking point" and "NZ tops IMF's housing un-affordability list" reflect this – you can’t miss the headlines. Read More...
2015 – WHAT A YEAR! The sheer volume of inquiries, and subsequent transformation of these into CAD, CNC and more recently 3D printing has seen us busier than we have been since Americas Cup days in the early ‘noughties’. The most encouraging aspect is that the workload has – and remains – constant. We’re not experiencing the ‘boom’ or ‘bust’ cycles we’ve been through in past years. Things are on the up! Read More...
Traditionally, boards (windsurf, surf, kite or paddleboards for example) were designed on paper and shaped by hand, or even shaped by eye and ‘feel' whereby the shaper knew what they were looking for. The process emphasised the skill of the shaper - creating a ‘good’ board was as much an art as it was a science, and really determined a 'really good' shaper from a 'good' one. Read More...
April 2014: Maintaining CNC Precision & Accuracy. Read More...
- Styrotech CNC: Our 'State of the nation' and looking towards 2017
- 2015: Styrotech CNC's Year in Review
- 2014: Styrotech CNC’s Year in Review.
- June 2014: CAD, CNC, 3D Scanning and Windsurf, Surf & SUP Design and Manufacture
- April 2014: Maintaining CNC Precision and Accuracy.
- 2014: Materials - All you ever wanted to know about "foam".
- 2013: Styrotech CNC’s Year in Review.
- End-to-end solutions: Accurate, timely and cost-effective.
- Different materials, characteristics and solutions.
- Understanding stepover and cusp height.